COVID-19 Update

Posted by Chilliwack Lacrosse on Apr 01 2020 at 07:56PM PDT

Hello Mustang Families,

During these unforeseen times, I’m sure that everyone has a lot of questions regarding the upcoming season. Over the past week, there have been different discussions at the league level on how and if we can proceed with our season. So far all of the associations are in agreement that to cancel the season would be a huge mistake and could have significant damage to the future of the sport. All associations seem to be in a holding pattern, as we are, waiting to hear from the CLA, BCLA and even the cities in regards to when floor time may be available for use. As of today, CLA and BCLA have postponed all lacrosse until May 1. We will be carrying on with discussions in the coming weeks to see what our season could look like.

We have discussed a shorter tiering round (2-4 games), extending the season to the end of July and possibly cancelling provincials. There have been suggestions that if we have a shortened season it could still finish with a commissioner’s cup or some type of jamboree. At this time there hasn’t been any specific time lines discussed to either start or cancel the season. The season wasn’t scheduled to start until after the Easter weekend with tiering wrapping up by May 10th, so there is still time.

We are all hoping that everyone stays safe and that a season will start soon. We will keep everyone updated as we get new information. Remember players can still practice during these times to prepare for a quick start by playing wall ball, pass with a family member or just cradling.


Chris Charlton
CMLA President


2020-04-01T20:28:33.000-07:00April 01 2020, at 08:28 PM PDT, Heather Penno said:

For those who have ordered and paid for merchandise, will that still be available for pick up?